What I Do
For Property Owners
Since 1976, Jim Mitchell has owned and managed rental properties for his own account and for landlords throughout the South Bay. The mission of BlackHorseRealty is simple: Jim takes pride in your unique rental property and treats it as if it were his own. Many of his clients have relied on him to manage their properties for over 30 years! References are provided on request so you can contact them directly. Properties include single-family homes, townhouses, condominiums, and apartment buildings. Full-service property management is based on gross rent collected. Jim Mitchell doesn’t get paid until you do!
Property Management Services include:
- Attract new tenants by advertising online, signage, email, and print.
- Credit reports, eviction history, criminal background, terrorist, and sex offender background checks and reports at the tenant’s expense.
- Write new leases, including required disclosures.
- Collect lease and deposit money and deposit it into your bank account.
- Receive and pay all bills online or by mail.
- Maintain and balance checkbook.
- Inspect property regularly.
- Send you your profit according to your instructions.
- Coordinate and supervise any work necessary on tenant turnover.
- Optional listing in the regional Multiple Listing Service (commission).
- Optional major remodel coordination service.
4 Units, South Redondo BeachCoordinated remodel of all 4 units and new landscaping. Also acted as realtor in a Delayed 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange with a trust as seller.
2 Houses on a Lot, North Redondo BeachCoordinated complete remodel inside and out, including sandblasting, re-stucco, and paint.
House, Rancho Palos VerdesCoordinated total interior remodel. Signed tenant up for 2-year lease.
4 Units, North Redondo BeachActed as buyer’s realtor for a trust in buying via a Delayed 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange. Also coordinated remodel of all 4 units, plus new landscaping.
Single-Family House, West TorranceCoordinated remodel and managed for 10 years.
6 Apartment Units, El SegundoCoordinated demolition of former triplex and construction of 6 units in 1987. Managed since 1976.
7406 Alverstone, WestchesterCoordinated remodel, leased, and managed.
14526 Chadron, GardenaRemodeled duplex, leased, and managed.